ILTOO Pharma is clinical-stage French biotech company incorporated in January 2012 as a spin-off of renowned French public institutions: “Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris” (AP-HP), “Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale” (INSERM) and “Université Pierre et Marie Curie” (UPMC).
Its main activity is the repositioning of human recombinant interleukin 2 (rhIL2) following a breakthrough discovery related to its mode of action at low dose. The drug based on this discovery and developed by ILTOO Pharma is named ILT-101.When used at doses 10 to 100 times lower than the ones used in cancer (Proleukin®, Novartis, Chiron), rhIL2 does not stimulate immunity but rather restores self-tolerance by specifically activates cells that regulate immunity, regulatory T cells (Treg).
Autoimmune diseases and inflammatory disorders (AIDs), which are inherently due to functional defect of Tregs, are ideal targets for ILT-101 treatment. In particular, recently diagnosed type-1 diabetes (T1D) and multiple sclerosis (MS) are two priority indications for which there is a high-unmet medical need. In addition, pathologies such as systemic lupus erythematous, Crohn’s diseases or rheumatoid arthritis could also benefited from ILT-101.
On top of that, ILTOO Pharma possesses a deep expertise and extensive know-how in the fields of data mining. This activity supports ILTOO drug development objectives through the identification/confirmation of biomarkers and subsequent stratification of patients’ population according to response to treatment.
Fields of interest
Contact infoAddress: ILTOO Pharma / iPEPS, ICM, Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière - 47/83, Bd de l'hôpital
Postal code: 75013
Telephone: +33 1 57 27 45 61
- Sokol H, Leducq V, Aschard H, Pham HP, Jegou S, Landman C, Cohen D, Liguori G, Bourrier A, Nion-Larmurier I, Cosnes J, Seksik P, Langella P, Skurnik D, Richard ML, Beaugerie L
Fungal microbiota dysbiosis in IBD
Gut 2016, pii:gutjnl-2015-310746
- Colineau L, Rouers A, Yamamoto T, Xu Y, Urrutia A, Pham HP, Cardinaud S, Samri A, Dorgham K, Coulon PG, Cheynier R, Hosmalin A, Oksenhendler E, Six A, Kelleher AD, Zaunders J, Koup RA, Autran B, Moris A, Graff-Dubois S
HIV-infected spleens present altered follicular helper T cell (Tfh) subsets and skewed B cell maturation
PLoS One 2015, 10(10):e0140978
- Hoffmann TW, Pham HP, Bridonneau C, Aubry C, Lamas B, Martin-Gallausiaux C, Moroldo M, Rainteau D, Lapaque N, Six A, Richard ML, Fargier E, Le Guern ME, Langella P, Sokol H
Microorganisms linked to inflammatory bowel disease-associated dysbiosis differentially impact host physiology in gnotobiotic mice
ISME J 2016, 10(2):460-77
- Castro, Rosario, Luc Jouneau, Hang-Phuong Pham, Olivier Bouchez, Véronique Giudicelli, Marie-Paule Lefranc, Edwige Quillet, et al.
Teleost Fish Mount Complex Clonal IgM and IgT Responses in Spleen upon Systemic Viral Infection.
PLoS Pathogens 9 (1): e1003098.
- Grinberg-Bleyer Y, Baeyens A, You S, Elhage R, Fourcade G, Gregoire S, Cagnard N, Carpentier W, Tang Q, Bluestone J, Chatenoud L, Klatzmann D, Salomon BL, Piaggio E.
IL-2 reverses established type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by a local effect on pancreatic regulatory T cells.
J Exp Med 207:1871-1878, 2010.
Therapeutic Clinical Trials
- Hartemann A, Bensimon G, Payan C, Jacqueminet S, Bourron O, Nicolas N, Fonfrede M, Rosenzwajg M, Bernard C, Klatzmann D
Low-dose interleukin 2 in patients with type 1 diabetes: a phase 1/2 randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 1(4), 295-305 (2013)
- Saadoun D, Rosenzwajg M, Joly F, Six A, Carrat F, Thibault V, Sene D, Cacoub P, Klatzmann D
Regulatory T-cell responses to low-dose interleukin-2 in HCV-induced vasculitis
New England Journal of Medicine 365, 2067-2077 (2011).